Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748053 Members
4686 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: A constraint violation has occurred.

Jennifer Auiler_3
Occasional Advisor

A constraint violation has occurred.

When running HPQLOMIG utility, during the 'update directory' step, I receive the message 'A constraint violation occurred.' The utility only allows me to configure one rib at a time, which is very incovenient for this large deployment. I have tried this on multiple workstations, pointing to different DC's, and with different Administrative accounts, with the same results. Any suggestions?
9 REPLIES 9
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

May you give more details?

When you select the address field, ie 172.100.1.1-254, then click on find. Did it list all your Lights Out devices in this subnet? If so, you should be able to click on next and select the ones you like to upgrade.
Jennifer Auiler_3
Occasional Advisor

Yes it finds them as it should and everything appears as it should until I reach the update directory step as I stated. I have used this utility for some time without any problems, the constraint violation problem just 'appeared' a couple of weeks ago, but as I said on every workstation I try it on. It will even allow the 'upgrade' but it will only allow me to configure one at a time. This is terribly inconvenient when trying to configure large quantities. I was hoping that someone had seen this specific error before.
Rich White

I am having the exact same problem. Just starting happening to me about a month ago.
How many objects to you have? I have just over 500, which is the only 'constraint' I can figure out. still researching. I'll let you know if I find anything...
Emiel_1

same issue here

please help
Jennifer Auiler_3
Occasional Advisor

We have 478 objects currently, but will be working over the next year on introducing approximately 2000. Hopefully we can get this resolved soon! I may have to try to open a ticket with HP on this.
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

This can be caused by deleted objects in the directory that have not been cleaned up. I believe the default is 30/60 days. There should be a fix for this in the next release.
Jennifer Auiler_3
Occasional Advisor

Any idea what the eta is for the new release?
acartes
Honored Contributor

The error, "A constraint violation has occurred" is produced by the Windows .NET framework that the HPLOMIG utility was written-in.

This error sometimes occurs in the step of the process that talks to the directory to create the lights-out objects in the list. The objects are created in the designated container, and point to the designated role.

This message comes from the directory, not the utility. It may mean that the specified container does not exist. Was the container specified using the Browse button, or typed in? Browse to the container instead.

The "constraint" message occurs when a directory object is being created but is missing mandatory object attributes. Has the schema been updated successfully, completely? You can run the schema extender again to verify this.

Successive operations may be inhibited after seeing this error in the program. Sometimes the .NET framework requires you to close and restart the application to get by an error.

I also recommend trying the iLO Directory Tests to check that everything is working as intended. This is a "just to see what is happening under the hood" experiment.
a constraint violation
Occasional Advisor

I'm on the configure directory portion of the install and at first I could only do 4 iLo's at a time and now I can only do 1 at at time before I get the constraint violation error. How do I get it to go through the list of 20. I have a few hundered to go and really need this to not stop like this. What do you think?