5005 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: AD Authentication Failed for HPE iLO Amplifier Pack

SMA070
Regular Visitor

AD Authentication Failed for HPE iLO Amplifier Pack

Hi,

I have been trying log to get AD Authentication for HPE iLO Amplifier Pack but unable to succeed. Every time I tried with different configutation ended up to below error message. 

Directory Server Settings
Enabled: Ticked
Directory TYpe: Active Directory
Base DN: CN=Users,DC=testad,DC=com
Directory Server Address: a.b.c.d
Directory Server Port: 389

User Settings >> Directory Groups

Group: CN=iloamp,OU=hpeilo,DC=testad,DC=com
Set Privilege: <Tried with all option>
Enabled: Ticked

Would appreciate your response to resolve this.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

Are you able to login to ILO with AD user credential ?

Default LDAP port should be 636, Please correct it also make sure your DNS address is correct.

Regards,

Sudhir

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

Eeswaran
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sudhir,

We also facing the same error. Actually it was working till last week. Suddenly all users were unable to login. On analyze the users those who were direct members of the AD group were able to login, but whereas if users are member of the subgroup, they are not able to login.. very strange. No change has been made in the configuration end. No updates has been installed.

Eg : GroupA is configured to have access in ILO amplifier. If userA is part of GROUpA he is able to login.

GroupB is member of GroupA. If user from GroupB try to access, he is recieving error "Log in with authorized user name and password credentials."

SanBH
Visitor

Currently iLO Amplifier supports authentication of users from groups declared at the parent level and not from the nested groups. For users in nested groups, separate entries must be added for each nested group. 

Eeswaran
Occasional Advisor

HI SanBH,

Thanks for your answer.

But as I said it was working for us for the past one year and it suddenly doesn't work and the issue looks strange and unable to narrow it down.