Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to RIB

Avinash_7
Occasional Visitor

Access to RIB

Hi

I would like to give access to the rib for support personals without entering username and password is it possible by creating a link to this rib or is there an HTML code for this?
4 REPLIES
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: Access to RIB

There is not a mechanism in palce to do this for RIB.
acartes
Honored Contributor

Directory integration also allows you to grant them access using their existing directory credentials, rather than having to create a local account for them. This might be an acceptable alternative. There are details on this in a whitepaper that is available for download.
Avinash_7
Occasional Visitor

hi

thanks for the response

what i was wondering was is it possible to create an HTML page wheer i can store username and password instead of users entering it

like a dummy page which uses the username & password stored in page and then redirect to teh actual page

woudl also like to get on the whitpaper mentioned by you if you can send me a link for the same
acartes
Honored Contributor

There is not a method today to set up a static link or "favorite" for an iLO that also logs-in to iLO.

As far as directory whitepapers -
You can view iLO documentation here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179166&taskId=101&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397989

and here, under Remote Management:
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/technology/whitepapers/adv-technology.html#5