Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752786 Members
5863 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: After Server Renameor rebuild with New Name RILO/iLO ServerName retains old name

SOLVED
Go to solution
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

After Server Renameor rebuild with New Name RILO/iLO ServerName retains old name

Greetings. We have noticed a trend that when we rebuild a server or change the Servername the RILO/iLO information from the original servername is kept no matter where we look. We have checked the RBSU. the F10 confoguration, the RILO configuration settings, Server OS registry, DNS etc. Nothing is pointing back to the old servername???
2 REPLIES 2
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: After Server Renameor rebuild with New Name RILO/iLO ServerName retains old name

Install the latest Management Agents to your OS. RILOE/iLO sets the host name from the Agents.
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Greetings. Thanks for the answer as it did work as we also came up with the same answer this past weekend. The funny thing is that on several of the systems in question I deployed an entire support paq to via IM7, the deployment was successful, and it still had the same issue. We then ran just the executable agains the server and the issue was resolved. I did verify that the executable was the same one that is located within the custom support paq that I created and also checked VCRM logs to validate that the exact executable was run successfully on the systems. All ran, but only the individual executable deployment worked to fix the issue.

THANKS! and greatly appreciated.