5149 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Any return value using CPQLOCFG.EXE

BeeLeng
Frequent Advisor

Any return value using CPQLOCFG.EXE

Good morning,

I'm trying to write a macro in an Excel sheet to perform RILOE II firmware upgrade and Directory settings for the rollout in our production environment.

I'm using cpqlocfg.exe to excute the xml file and will like to find out is there any return value from cpqlocfg.exe after execute the xml file?

I want to use it to write a log to identify if the script can't perform due to password wrong, or network failure and etc.

Thanks!!

regards,
BLeng
2 REPLIES 2
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: Any return value using CPQLOCFG.EXE

CPQLOCFG returns errorlevel 0 if the script was processed successfully, and a non-zero errorlevel if there is a problem. Note that this is a return code from the utility, and not the lights-out processor.

Basically, a returned errorlevel of 0 means that the credentials are accepted by the management processor and the XML syntax is valid.
BeeLeng
Frequent Advisor

Re: Any return value using CPQLOCFG.EXE

Hi acartes,

The error level return code is not sufficient for me to break down the error type for reporting.

Anyhow, I found another method to verify the error level via VBScript. Using the ReadAll and InStr function to compare the error message from the log file to report the status of the upgrade.

Thanks.

regards,
BLeng