Server Management - Remote Server Management
1745914 Members
4297 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can not use the Virtual KVM/Media viewer (Lights-Out 100 card on ProLiant ML115)

Anders Bjerin

Can not use the Virtual KVM/Media viewer (Lights-Out 100 card on ProLiant ML115)

I have four ProLiant ML115 servers, all with the extra Lights-Out 100 card (IPMI version 2.0, latest firmware 2.13). They work fine except that we can only use the Virtual KVM/Media viewer on a very old computer (WinXP with IE6.0, no security updates). On all other computers the viewer fails.

We have tried the recommended Java version 1.42.2_13 as well as the latest 1.6.0_03-05). I first guessed the problem had something to do with IE7, but with the latest firmware it should work accordingly to HP. We then tried the latest FireFox (2.0.0.12) and we still does not manage to start the viewer correctly.

The problem is that when we open the Virtual KVM/Media view, the com.serverengines.mahogany.MahoganyViewer applets starts, but we then receive the following error:

Name: com.serverengines.mahogany.MahoganyViewer
Java.lang.NullPointerException

About a minute later we receive the error: тАЬjava.lang.NoClassDefFountError: com/serverengines/nativeinterface/NativeInterfaceтАЭ.

No KVM window opensтАж :(

I have added the IP-addresses to our trusted sites, relaxed the security settings, etcтАж but I am struck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
16 REPLIES 16
julien  leveugle

Re: Can not use the Virtual KVM/Media viewer (Lights-Out 100 card on ProLiant ML115)

Hi,

I have experienced the same issue with ilo 100 cards and ProLiant DL145G3 server.

I also have tried with several releases of JRE without any success.

Have you finally found the solution to this problem?

Thanks and advance for some tips!

Cyberswim

Re: Can not use the Virtual KVM/Media viewer (Lights-Out 100 card on ProLiant ML115)

You might want to try deleting all the "mahogany_w32.dll and mahogany-plugin.jar" files from you system per acartes:

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1191699

[Moderator edit: The above link is no longer valid. Please refer to https://support.hpe.com]

Anders Bjerin

Thanks, sadly it did not work either. I still get the error message "java.lang.NoCLassDefFoundError: com/serverengines/nativeinterface/NativeInterface"... :(
Jacob Leverich

Hello Anders,

I was having the same problem as you with the LO 100i in a ProLiant DL140 G3: NullPointerException followed by NoClassDefFoundError.

This error was exhibited with both Firefox 2.0.0.13 and IE7 using JRE 6.0u5.

I found a workaround for the problem as follows (you will need to install a JDK to get the "jar" command):

1. Download mahogany.jar from your LO 100 (http://your-LO-100-ip-address/mahogany.jar)

2. Unzip or "jar xf" the "mahogany.jar" file. This will create a bunch of files; I put it into a "mahogany" subdirectory.

3. Unzip or "jar xf" the "mahogany-plugin.jar" file (which was packed inside of mahogany.jar) into the same directory where you unpacked mahogany.jar.

4. Run java on the MahoganyViewer class by typing from the command-line "java com.serverengines.mahogany.MahoganyViewer"

A dialog should pop-up asking you the IP of the LO 100 you'd like to connect to.

Best of luck,
-jacob
stefano colombo_1
Super Advisor

Hi ,
I'm having the same problem with a DL145G3.

I tried to download the mahogany.jar from the LO100 but it times-out.
Can you post it ? Or do you know where I can get it from ?
Thanks
acartes
Honored Contributor

You should open a customer support ticket for this issue. That will both help solve your symptom and also escalate the issue to the support team. Your environment might have specifics that help reproduce the issue.
Igor Revyakin

Hi

Many thanx to Jacob Leverich !!!
It's realy working solution. Just install JAVA from Sun, extract .jar (i.e. with RAR arhiver), run cmd.exe, change path to extracted files and type that command!

mahogany.jar is attached to this message, from our DL140G3 server.
Andy Holt
Occasional Advisor

Can I just add my thanks to Jacob Leverich for his solution, which worked for me too.

Andy
Steve McNutt
Occasional Advisor

Another thanks to Jacob Leverich. It's definitely the way to go when dealing the mediocre LO100i.

I had the same problem as another commenter and had an issue pulling the file off the server (kept timing out). I was finally able to get it, and I put the extracted files out on my SkyDrive:
https://cid-f206759e5151f410.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Mahogany%20Remote%20Software/mahogany.zip

I left the original jar files in there in case there's a version change or if you want to re-extract them yourself.