1753637 Members
6054 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can't connect to iLO

Geistler
Occasional Collector

Can't connect to iLO

I am using an Edgeline EL1000 and wanted to connect to it using iLO.

Therefore I pluged in the ethernet cable and into my computer and used the ip address in Internet Explorer to access the .Net integrated console. This worked like a charm and I was able to get some of the data from the Edgeline onto a USB-Stick. 

For the nigth I shutdown the Edgeline and wanted to work again on the next day through the iLO. Sadly, I was not able to access the Edgline trough the iLO anymore. I can't even ping the machine or the default gateway. I'm sure that the cable is not broken and it's not a missconfiguration on my system, since I used two different systems with the exact same procedure I used the day before, where it worked. 

What can I do to get access to the iLO again ?

3 REPLIES 3
VPR1
HPE Pro

Hi.

Are you accessing the ILO remotely via network or connected ILO port to Laptop port physically..?

First thing that strike what was the IP address assigned..? Was it or Static or DHCP IP..?

If DHCP IP assigned and the server was rebooted might be it have taken a new IP address

If Static IP assigned and not able to  ping IP address, the the cable might be removed which needs to be physically checked..

OR 

Check below HPE Customer Advisory advisory if matching your criteria..

HPE Edgeline Systems тАУ Host Server iLO Shared Network Port (SNP) Will Temporarily Lose Connection After a Server Cartridge Reset or Cold Boot

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00038911en_us

Thanks,

Vijaya

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
VPR1
HPE Pro

Also if you arre physically in front of the server  then you can reset ILO to factory and test

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/proliant_uefi/UEFI_TM_030617/s_reset_ilo_defaults.html

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
Geistler
Occasional Collector

Thansk for the suggestions. Sadly non of that worked.

- I'm connectet via ILO port and ethernet cable

- IP address is static assigned

- I checkt the cable (works for lan fine), even used a other cable and a other computer, but all of that didn't help.

- I did wait after the reboot and many times refreshed the window, didn't help either.

Don't i need access to the ILO in order to do the reset instructions?