Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to RILO via XML when password begins with a space

Andrew Ryan_1
Occasional Visitor

Can't login to RILO via XML when password begins with a space

We have a bunch of hosts which have a RILOE password that begins with a space (firmware 40-bit 2.53). Apparently, passwords which begin with a space character can't be logged into using the XML interface.

The presence of a space elsewhere in the password is OK, though. And one can still log in via the HTTPS interface with a password that begins with a space.

For example, these passwords work:
"pass word"
"password "
but this does not:
" password"

Is there any workaround or are we resigned to logging into each one in sequence?
2 REPLIES
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

Re: Can't login to RILO via XML when password begins with a space

iLO and Riloe-II do not support leading spaces in the password. CPQLOCFG defaults to no leading spaces as well, not sure what the reasoning was to allow it on Riloe. This was before my time so I'll assume it was an undocumented "feature" ...I will try and find out why, but for now, there is no way for CPQLOCFG to send a leading space and will be truncated when the password is sent to the board.
tony_211
Occasional Visitor

Re: Can't login to RILO via XML when password begins with a space

Hello

I find my Probleme, I just reset my card in the RIB's script and all thing is right now.
I use CPQLOCFG (last version) and compatible script for ILO and RILOE II.

Thank again for your help

Tony