1752522 Members
5169 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot delete user ?

Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Cannot delete user ?

I am trying to use the HPONCFG.EXE utility together with an XML file to delete a user account on a machine (of course I actually want to do this on multiple machines which is why I want the script and don't just do it manually).

This is the contents of the XML file (note, user/password is supposedly not required since it's running locally on the server using HPONCFG.EXE, and it was necessary to strip away the HTML tagging to be allowed to post the text at the forum, but the syntax is correct):

RIBCL VERSION="2.0"
LOGIN USER_LOGIN="dummy" PASSWORD="dummy"
USER_INFO MODE="write"
DELETE_USER USER_LOGIN="centraladmin"/
/USER_INFO
/LOGIN
/RIBCL

And this is the response I get when I try to execute the script:

C:\ILOCFG>hponcfg.exe /f ilodelusr.xml
Firmware Revision = 1.91 Device type = iLO Driver name = CpqCiDrv
Status = 0x9
Message = Cannot delete user information for currently logged user
Script failed

What does "Cannot delete user information for currently logged user" actually mean ?
It cannot mean currently logged ON user, since that user is not logged on, so why does the script fail, anyone who can help me with this ?

3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot delete user ?

hi

let me tell

I tried with an user logged in and user not logged in and the script work fine.

I mean user can be have ilo open or not and the account is going to be deleted

I attached my script and the command line in txt file

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

just in case to be completely sure try this

if you have the latest ilo firmware reflash the ilo again on the other hand if you don't have the latest firmware update it

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Well thanks for the suggestion but the script is similar to what I use myself and yes I know it should work, in fact it does work on about 1100 of my 2000 servers, then there are a few hundreds where it doesn't run due to other (known) issues, and then there's this "cannot delete" error on about 50-100 machines.

I cannot rule out the boards being of too old firmware or simply having some other unknown error but it's just a bit too many machines to "just" go about rolling out new firmware before I try to check up on what the error actually means, hence the question. ;-)

Anyhow, if anyone has more information on what the error actually means I'd still be grateful for any ideas.