1753944 Members
8664 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot login to iLO web interface DL380 G5

Shahid Sheikh
Occasional Contributor

Cannot login to iLO web interface DL380 G5

Server is a DL380 G5. Has no OS at the moment. The eventual software on it will be ESXi.

The problem is I cannot log into the iLO web interface. As soon as I click on the "Log in" button the screen just refreshes back to the original iLO login page. No error messages.

This is what I have tried so far:

1. Created new account in iLO by going into the settings at BIOS/POST by hitting F8.

2. Reset to factory defaults by going into iLO setting during POST. I can tell that after doing the reset to factory defaults, the "Administrator" account is recreated (reset) and all my created accounts are deleted but I still cannot log in with the Administrator account using the password on the iLO tag on the server.

3. Turned off iLO security through the maintenance switches on the motherboard. With it turned off, the iLO web page says in bold red on the login page that Security is disabled but I cannot log in with any userid/password.

4. Downgraded and upgraded the iLO firmware using the HP firmware CD but still no change.

5. Tried multiple different browsers (IE7, IE8, and Firefox) from different machines with no avail. Tried deleting all browser cache files and still no go.

As far as I can tell, all other iLO functions are working. It gets an IP successfully. Remembers it IP name, and basically nothing else in the settings page look out of the ordinary.

Any suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

I had seen this once. I had to add iLO to the Trusted Sites to work.

From your IE browser, click on Tools-> Internet Options.
Select Security tab, and select Trusted Sites.
Click on the Sites button, and add your iLO.
Remove the check for "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone".

Good luck.
Shahid Sheikh
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I had tried adding it to trusted sites as well. Even tried it from browser on Linux machines. Same results.
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

Have you tried logging into iLO using any other interface like command line (SSH, Telnet using putty) or using CPQLOCFG using XML scripts?

By chance have you enabled directory authentication on iLO and disabled local authentication? Resetting to factory default should disable directory authentication but just want to check!

In any case setting security override should allow you to login. Hence check with any other interface.
Shahid Sheikh
Occasional Contributor

Left the server completely unplugged (power disconnected) over the weekend. Hooked it up again today and it was working.

Cant say for sure if it was leaving it unplugged that fixed it or not.
lraeman

I have the similar problem. When I click login, the browser displays the error page "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" as if there is no network connection.

I also tried using different browsers without success.

I placed the IP address of the iLO interface as trusted site in IE, same result.

I am physically far away from the device so rebooting it is my last resort. If there is any other solution that is available, I would be very much gratefull.
Dave.
Valued Contributor

Are you browsing to the name or IP address. Definately try the IP address. If that does not work, eliminate your network by taking a cross over cable and a laptop and fixing the IP address to be on the same subnet as your laptop (169.254.x.y/ 255.255.0.0) or fix you laptop too. For example,
iLO 10.10.0.2
laptop 10.10.0.1
subnet 255.255.255.0
Regards, Dave
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

stick crossover cable in ilo port let laptop give it ip, now login with ie only browser version max 7 what happens now.

This is how we thank each other in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Enjoy:)