1753772 Members
5375 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Configure HP sytem Management Home to power off and on server

Conrad.Thiele

Configure HP sytem Management Home to power off and on server

Hi,
I have managed to setup the HP SMH to be able to view my server via IE, however can someone please point me in the direction for setting up a tool to remotely turn my server on and off.

Kind Regards
Conrad
4 REPLIES 4
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

Re: Configure HP sytem Management Home to power off and on server

You can use HP Lights-Out configuration utility to remotely turn the server ON/OFF. Check the page http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/postanswer.do?threadid=1357404&forumId=1&closedFlag=0 for more details about downloading the software. It is for iLO.

Alternately you can obtain the software for all Lights-Out products from www.hp.com/go/ilo page (download software link).

You need to download the sample scripts available in the same page. Set_Power script will be useful for you. Also you need to replace the username/passwor in the script or override the script values by command line argument.
Conrad.Thiele

Ok, I'm still a little confused. Is system management homepage the same as iLO MP log in? If not then how do I access iLO MP log in from my browser.

Also if my router allocates the DHCP then will I be able to configure it using DHCP with DNS or will I have to use another alternative? At the moment the DHCP is enabled on the server.

pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

No, System Management homepage is different from MP Login. You can login to MP by using http://MPipAddress. You can also use SSH, Telnet or XML scripting interface.

You can also access MP from the host machine (the same machine where MP is present) using HP Online configuration utility (HPONCFG) which is installed when PSP is installed on the server. This doesn't require authentication to MP, you can obtain username/password and network information from HPONCFG.

If DHCP is enabled you can obtain network information from HPONCFG.
Conrad.Thiele

I had assumed that lights out was an plug-in for SMH.

I had a look at the documentation for HP configuration utility for lights out. From there I was able to find the ip address allocated to the lights-out card, set DHCP to enabled = no (like you said), set an admin username/password and then log-in using IE using the lights-out ipaddress. It's works perfectly!

Thank you very much for you help!