1752291 Members
4776 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G3/Riloe-2/Win2K3 - no mouse/keyboard in remote console

Steve Steele_1

DL380 G3/Riloe-2/Win2K3 - no mouse/keyboard in remote console

Hi folks,

We see this behavior in some of our servers with this configuration. Staus page confirms internal cables connected correctly, however no mouse/kybd in remote console, just video. Vitrual media works fine. Also, clicking button has no effect.

Any thoughts on what this might be?
5 REPLIES 5
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

You're not using the "y" splitter cable right? It's not necessary with the 30 pin cable connected. Is this a "headless" configuration? If it is, hot plug a physical kb/mouse and check the control panel to see if there is a mouse and keyboard driver loaded. Other than making sure the latest F/W is on the RILOE-II's, you might want to go to the network settings page and click "apply" to cause the RILOE-II to reset and see if that helps.
Steve Steele_1

Correct, no Y splitter cable is being used. It is a headless configuration.

I have tried resetting the board through the network settings page as you suggested already, and it did not help.

I have not tried hooking up a mouse/keyboard locally to see if the drivers are loaded. I will try that next.
acartes
Honored Contributor

Virtual media works, which uses the internal ribbon cable. But ctrl-alt-del and KB/Mouse are also on that cable. I wonder if the host keyboard controller is confused.

Does the keyboard work during POST and before the OS loads?

I had a similar issue which was resolved by running the latest firmware update on the ilo. Have you tried that?
Steve Steele_1

Hi,

Yes, we tried the latest firmware. After some extended troubleshooting, we eventually had to replace the boards that were acting this way, and that solved the problems.