1752641 Members
5930 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G3 - cannot enable Lights-Out

Filip Majewski

DL380 G3 - cannot enable Lights-Out

Hi there,

I have a serious problem with enabling the functionality of Integrated Lights-Out.
My problem is :
When the Security Override Switch is off (default position)the iLO is disabled.
When I try to enabled it (following the manual = using Security Override Switch and RBSU) it starts ONLY with the Security Override Switch in the ON position.
Then I want to switch the Security Overrride Switch to its normal position - the iLO does NOT start anymore.

My firmware version is 1.41, but the server was shipped with 1.40 ver.
I'tried the newest firmware 1.42 also, with no effect.

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance
Filip
4 REPLIES 4
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

When RBSU comes up and you hit F8 to configure iLO, are you enabling iLO functionality/enable F8 under the settings tab?
Filip Majewski

When RBSU comes up and you hit F8 to configure iLO, are you enabling iLO functionality/enable F8 under the settings tab?

Yes, I can enable iLO that way, but ONLY when Security Override Switch is ON.
The problem is that RBSU does NOT come up when the switch is OFF (normal position).

Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

Ok, but is the "enable ROM based (F8) setup" set to yes? That should give you the RBSU prompt, unless there is another option ROM stepping on iLO. Any other boards/config you can think of? What is the date for the server ROM?
Jeff Allen_5
Valued Contributor

You are correct, if you disable iLO in the web interface, the F8 prompt does not appear. You must use security override at this point to turn it back on.