108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G6 iLO config issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Christopher Stafford
Occasional Advisor

DL380 G6 iLO config issue

I need to configure the iLO of a DL380 G6 with a static IP, subnet, gateway, DNS and gateway. By pressing F8 during the boot process am I at the correct screen to do this?

If so, I'm there and under the Network tab looking at the Advanced Autoconfiguration Setup and Status box. I was able to configure the DNS but not the domain name.

Am I doing this right?
2 REPLIES 2
topokin
Advisor

If IP, subnet and gateway have been configured, try accessing iLO trough a browser (https://ip) and complete the remaining configuration.

I have been trying to configure mine but no option of pressing F8 was given (I do get f9 and others but not that to configure the iLO). When exactly do you press the F8
SamMan
Advisor
Solution

@topokin
See attached for screenshots Page 1.
If you are utilizing the Power On Splash screen then you will see something pop up on the screen saying "Press any key to view Option ROM messages" ... So press any Key.
Then the splash screen will disapear and it will be basic text. You will then see an option for "Integrated Lights-Out 2 Advanced press [F8] to configure" ... So press F8.

@Christopher
See attached for screenshots Page2
You will need to disable DHCP in order to edit the domain name as well as to be able to setup the static IP.
Under Network Autoconfiguration you have 2 boxes. DHCP Enabled and DNS Name. Make sure DHCP Enable is set to OFF, press F10 to save and then go back to the DNS settings and you will be able to change the Domain Name. See Page 2 of the attached document for screenshots.