5235 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error when using CPQLOCFG & CIM7 to chage iLO user Passwords

Mike Luiz
Occasional Contributor

Error when using CPQLOCFG & CIM7 to chage iLO user Passwords

All,

I am attempting to change user passwords across all my deployed iLOs by use of Insight Manager 7 and scheduling an Application Launch using CPQLOCFG. While I can successfully change the password on a single iLO by running CPQLOCFG at the command line, I cannot get it to work on any iLO via CIM7. I receive no error code and the application launch notes sucessfully run but the passwords are not changed.

Anyone else have success changing many iLO passwords with Insight Manager 7? If so, what proceedure did you use? Thanks for the help!
5 REPLIES 5
Chuck Reimer
Advisor

How are you defining the name of the ILO in the script?
Mike Luiz
Occasional Contributor

Chuck,

When running the script at the command line, I do specify the name of the iLO and it works fine. However, when using Insight manager 7, it is supposed to run the command on each device (iLO) selected. The CPQLOCFG documentation also states not to use the "servername", "ipaddress" or "logfile" switches when running through Insight 7.

Any ideas?
Chuck Reimer
Advisor

In your script, use the -s option with %DEVICENAME% variable and CIM will substitute the riloename that is returned based on the query. Ex.
cpqlocfg.exe -s %DEVICENAME% -f xxxxx.xml -f logfile.log

Hope this helps!
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Mike,

In IM7, in the Control Task.
1. Create an Application Launch.
2. Type "cpqlocfg -s" in the field The Executable Full Path & Name: cpqlocfg -s
3. Type "-f filenane.xml" in the field Parameter(s): -f filename.xml
4. Run this against your iLO database.

Hope this helps!
Mike Luiz
Occasional Contributor

All,

Thanks for the great suggestions. After trying these and everything I could think of, I provided full paths to the executable (CPQLOCFG.exe) and full path to the parameters (-f c:\xxxxx.xml -v) and that did the trick for all the iLOs in the query. Thanks for the help!