Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752569 Members
5237 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Examples of Set-HPEBIOSUEFIBootOrder / Set-HPEBIOSBootOrderPolicy PowerShell cmdlets

MikeAR
Occasional Advisor

Examples of Set-HPEBIOSUEFIBootOrder / Set-HPEBIOSBootOrderPolicy PowerShell cmdlets

Good afternoon all,

We're trying to ensure we have a consistent boot order sequence across all of our hosts. I know this can be set manually in the BIOS, but we have far too many servers for that to be practical.

Can someone advise on which of these two would accomplish this, and perhaps provide an example?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Anand1202
Advisor

Re: Examples of Set-HPEBIOSUEFIBootOrder / Set-HPEBIOSBootOrderPolicy PowerShell cmdlets

I found this example that might be useful for you:

PowerShell-ProLiant-SDK/ConfigureBootOrder.ps1 at master · HewlettPackard/PowerShell-ProLiant-SDK (github.com)

It make use of Set-HPEBIOSUEFIBootOrder.

MikeAR
Occasional Advisor

Thanks! Let me me grab a copy of the script and test it out.

ManBha
HPE Pro

Hello,

Hope this helps.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00020913en_us 

Thanks.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

MikeAR
Occasional Advisor

Thanks. I was able to confirm the boot order and reset by calling the cmdlet as follows:

$result = Set-HPEBIOSUEFIBootOrder -connection $connection -UEFIBootOrder $ArrBootOrder

Where $ArrBootOrder is set to a value of "11,1" for the boot devices. Althought this appears to correctly re-order the devices in the manner which we want, after applying the system update and rebooting, the system is set to some other range of devices. When viewing the devices in the iLO, they appear to be correct.

Is there some reason the host and iLO values would differ when setting them in the BIOS? And why would the value change again upon reboot to some different order?

Thanks.

ManBha
HPE Pro

Hello,

The values should not change after a reboot and the iLO displays the same values as in the BIOS.

Thanks.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo