Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware 2.51 Upgrade

Firmware 2.51 Upgrade

Just upgraded some DL380 G2 servers RIB firmware to 2.51 (from 2.41) and lost the mouse connectivity. They were working fine with 2.41 and the external cable. I tried to downgrade one of the boards and it appears that now my user settings have been knocked out, I can't get back in. Anyone else having mouse connectivity issues with 2.51?
2 REPLIES
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

Re: Firmware 2.51 Upgrade

The DL380G2 had a problem where you did not get mouse connectivity w/ the internal 16 pin cable. That problem was fixed in the new F/W so now the external cable is not needed, only the internal. There is an issue downgrading the F/W from 2.51 where the user list is lost. The original Administrator account is the only way to get in. The password will be the last 4 digits of the board's serial number.
max_29
Advisor

Re: Firmware 2.51 Upgrade

Yes, this is the case. With a bit of bad luck you also loose mouse connectivity on the server - interactively working -.
After downgrading I have experienced moreover that for using remote control you need to insert login name and password (the same as those with which I logged on through the website)
This is not quite an improvement.
Let's wait for a new firmware.