1752781 Members
6223 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Get/Set NIC Configuration properties through iLO RESTful API

venters

Get/Set NIC Configuration properties through iLO RESTful API

Hello

I am looking for methods to automate remote HPE Server management – in particular, controlling NIC Configuration Settings such as

Legacy Boot ProtocolVLAN, etc... 

and other configurable options as available through the UEFI HII

I cannot find how to access (Get/Set) NIC configuration properties throught the iLO RESTful API .

Any idea ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
BonnyV
Advisor

Hi,

I ran this through a developer and below is the response that I got.

No, we cannot do these via REST API today. The devices do not support a REST/Redfish schema for us to be able to do that.

In Gen10, we only support configuring the Smart Array via REST API. Even this is not a Redfish standard, it's a HPE proprietary (OEM) implementation (schema agreed between Microsemi and HPE). No other peripheral devices are supported, including NICs and storage from other vendors.

This can be supported generically and for all devices only when there is a standardization of the schema for these devices in Redfish, and also a standardization for the host (BIOS/OS) or BMC to get and push such config data to the device. All of these are still work in progress in the respective standards bodies (Redfish and UEFI forums).

Thanks,
Bonny.
I am a HPE employee

vegstr

Hi!

Still can't do that?

We have over 200 servers (DL380/DL360 Gen10) with HPE Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 562SFP+ Adapters. And we need to configure it without physical access to servers. We need to enable SR-IOV and set PXE boot parameters. 

Is there any way to automate configuration procedure?

to2
Occasional Visitor

hi any progress on this topic after 5 years ?  i need to setup network speed on host nics on few hundred nodes, but getting "RedfishConfiguration is not enabled on this device." when trying patch attributesvia api.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @to2,

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and guide you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
pirx
Regular Advisor

In my opinion this is a bad advice! Why open a new topic if there is still an unsolved old one? In continuing this thread, people that were involved at least get a notification about new posts and maybe an update.

Why creating a new topic?