4115 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion ī„‚

Re: HP ilo connection error with Powershell + HP ilo cmdlets

GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

You can download the latest version of iLO i.e., 1.4.0.2 from the HPE Web which has the fix for the iLO3 AES encription issue.

Let me know if you still face same problem we can take it up further offline.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Unlisted
Advisor

Reply originally by  MSSTLCC

Hello,

I'm afraid this still isnt working;

Name : HPiLOCmdlets
Path : C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PowerShell\Modules\HPiLOCmdlets\HPiLOCmdlets.psm1
Description : Scripting Tools for Windows PowerShell : iLO Cmdlets use the RIBCL interface to communicate
to iLO. These cmdlets can be used to configure and manage iLO on HPE ProLiant Gen7, Gen8 or
Gen9 servers.
GUID : 05545ade-5f25-4696-bfcc-e1d67fe32519
Version : 1.4.0.2
CurrentUICultureName : en-US
CurrentUICultureVersion : 1.4.0.1
AvailableUICulture : {@{UICultureName=en-US; UICultureVersion=1.4.0.1}, @{UICultureName=zh-CN;
UICultureVersion=1.3.0.1}, @{UICultureName=ja-JP; UICultureVersion=1.3.0.1}}

Script;

$cred = get-credential
$Servers = get-content D:\Temp\Servers.txt
ForEach ($Server in $Servers){
Set-HPiLOGlobalSetting -Credential $cred -Server $Server -DisableCertificateAuthentication -EnforceAES Enable
}

Some seem to run but the vast majority get the following.

Get-ErrorDetail : Error - "SERVERIP" - "HOSTNAME" - Retrieving information from iLO.
Exception calling "UploadString" with "3" argument(s): "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."
At C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PowerShell\Modules\HPiLOCmdlets\HPiLOCmdlets.psm1:31169 char:21
+ throw $retobject.err
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+CategoryInfo :OperationStopped: (Exception calli...4) Not Found."
:String) [], RuntimeException
+FullyQualifiedErrorId :Exception calling "UploadString" with "3" argument(s): "The remote server returned an
error: (404) Not Found."
At C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PowerShell\Modules\HPiLOCmdlets\HPiLOCmdlets.psm1:31232 char:17
+ Get-ErrorDetail $ErrorMsg
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Get-ErrorDetail

GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

I think the exceptions coming from some servers could be that they are not reachable from client machine where you are running the iLO cmdlets.

You can verify that by running those error throwing iLO servers list using Find-HPiLO cmdlet.

Thanks,

Gokul

HPE PowerShell Team

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

virgored
Occasional Visitor

I have this same issue

I can connect to the iLo no problem
works fine with iLO4

not working with iLo3

GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

Can you give me more context on your problem.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Jc-Gregoire
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Same issue here.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Disable-HPiLOCertificateAuthentication
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $data[$server.SerialNumber]  | Get-HPiLONetworkSetting -Server 192.168.10.100
WARNING: DNS name translation not available for 192.168.10.100. The hostname was not found.
Get-ErrorDetail : Error - 192.168.10.100 -  - Retrieving information from iLO.
Exception calling "UploadString" with "3" argument(s): "The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure
channel."
At C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PowerShell\Modules\HPiLOCmdlets\HPiLOCmdlets.psm1:16819 char:25
+                         throw $retobject.err
+                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        +CategoryInfo          :OperationStopped: (Exception calli...cure channel."
:String) [], RuntimeException
        +FullyQualifiedErrorId :Exception calling "UploadString" with "3" argument(s): "The request was aborted: Could not
create SSL/TLS secure channel."
At C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PowerShell\Modules\HPiLOCmdlets\HPiLOCmdlets.psm1:16911 char:17
+                 Get-ErrorDetail $ErrorMsg
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Get-ErrorDetail
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Jc-Gregoire , 

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo