Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP's Newest Useless Feature "Caution"

Robert W. Eastman Jr._2
Frequent Advisor

HP's Newest Useless Feature "Caution"

Just a word of warning for anyone is using the Firmware CD to update the servers firmware. HP has introduced the worst feature in the 9.0 Firmware CD. If you choose or don't pay attention to do the Automatic Firmware update when you boot into their CD your iLO firmware will be downgraded to 1.81 if it is at 1.82 of iLO2. I am looking into if this stupid feature downgrades any other firmware that might be on the server. Leave it to HP to implement something like this with without actually notifying the user that this would be happening.

(NTFS) No Time For Stupidity
1 REPLY
Ken Krubsack
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP's Newest Useless Feature "Caution"

Yeah, I noticed the same thing a couple of days ago. I've been told if you create a thumb-drive version of 9.0 you can add the 1.82 firmware file to it and not have this issue. Haven't tried that yet.