3208 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE Lights-Out Standalone Remote Console and SmartCard

PhS-
Regular Advisor

HPE Lights-Out Standalone Remote Console and SmartCard

Hello,

is there any way to get 'HPE Lights-Out Standalone Remote Console' to work with SmartCard. 

My user is smartcard only and I would like to be able to use this authentication to access the console. If I successfuly configure Two-Factor for the iLO (which I did not manage yet), will it also work for HPE Lights-Out Standalone Remote Console ? (iLO 4)

2 REPLIES 2
PhS-
Regular Advisor

I successfully configured the iLO for a zero sign in. (These are iLO 4.)

My user account is smart card only (windows) ... but 'HPE Lights-Out Standalone Remote Console' does not seems to acccept this

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @PhS- 

Thank you for the Post and sorry for the delayed response

Please follow the below :

1. Setup an Smartcard enrollment Agent in your directory to assign certificates to the Smartcards.
2. Verify your directory settings can logon to iLO with two-factor disabled.
3. Verify Two-factor settings can logon to iLO with Directory disabled.
4. Enable both two-factor, and directory. The first logon phase will be logon with the smartcard certificate, then you will see a prompt for the directory password for the Directory User of the SmartCard. Depends on how the Certificates are build, you may need to change the "Certificate Owner Field" in the Two Factor Authentication page to "SAN" or "Subject" to get the direcotry logon to work.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo