Server Management - Remote Server Management
1753792 Members
7484 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPEBIOS cmdlets 2.1.0.1: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

rookie1082
Frequent Advisor

Re: HPEBIOS cmdlets 2.1.0.1: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Very interesting, Thanks Saser.

My technicians were not reporting any problems to me until I updated the BIOS cmdlets to 2.1.0.1 . 

Prior to that, they were configuring machines correctly.  I think i'll have to go back to the old version of BIOS cmdlets until this bug is worked out.

rookie1082
Frequent Advisor

Small update...

I have an ML110 Gen10 that I am trying to set the workload profile (among other things) and i can reproduce the error that Saser is getting.

I have tried with different version of HPEBIOS cmdlets, 2.1.0.1, 2.1.0.0, and 2.0.0.0 and all get this error.  I will try to set the settings with the redfish cmdlets next.

I was able to set the workload profile successfully with the redfish commands though.  I reset and it applied it successfully.  LIke saser, I'm having the same issue on Gen10 servers using the HPEBiosCmdlets.  However it's not all Gen10 models as I can set BIOS settings (such as asset tag) on a DL380 Gen10 successfully.

B_Rajesh
Frequent Advisor

Thank you Rookie for update,

Can we have call since we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end.

Regards
Rajesh Balakrishnan
I am a HPE Employee
rookie1082
Frequent Advisor

Hey Rajesh,

The server I had today is not in my possession any longer. If I get any more in the future I will let you know.
I incorporated redfish cmdlets to set the bios settings for now.

B_Rajesh
Frequent Advisor

Thank you Rookie,

Regards
Rajesh Balakrishnan
I am a HPE Employee
Sasler
Occasional Advisor

@B_Rajesh wrote:

Thank you Rookie for update,

Can we have call since we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end.

I have two DL380 Gen10s with this issue available now, if needed.

Thanks

rookie1082
Frequent Advisor

This issue still persists on various Gen10 models (it is intermittent I admit).  To get around this problem for now, I have migrated my BIOS changes to the redfish cmdlets in the meantime.

B_Rajesh
Frequent Advisor

Hi Rookie,

Can we have a call via Skype for more details since we are not able to reproduce the issue at our end.

Regards
Rajesh Balakrishnan
I am a HPE Employee
Sasler
Occasional Advisor

Just an update for this issue.  After seeing this issue becoming more prevelant, we desided start using Redfish instead. That simply works as intedent every time.

Thanks

GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

HPEBIOSCmdlets has released 2.2 version which has a fix for "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" on Gen9 and Gen 10 servers.

Check the below yammer link post for more details on the new release. https://www.yammer.com/hpe.com/threads/122426154901504

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo