1751975 Members
4415 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPLOVM not ejecting floppy with ilo

Steve Stierwalt
Occasional Contributor

HPLOVM not ejecting floppy with ilo

I am having trouble ejecting a virtual floppy with the HPLOVM -eject command. I start by connecting my ilO Virual Floppy using the web interface. I am using Deployment Server so when all the DOS portions are complete I want to eject the floppy automatically instead of waiting. The command runs, but the floppy is still present when I reboot.
Does the floppy have to be mounted with the HPLOVM command to be ejected by it. If so, how do I use it without first mounting a floppy to run the command?

Thanks in advance for any help here.
2 REPLIES 2
acartes
Honored Contributor

>> Does the floppy have to be mounted with the HPLOVM command to be ejected by it?

HPLOVM is for scripting virtual media mount/dismount. It runs from the host. However, it cannot dismount virtual media that has been mounted using the browser (applet). That requires manual intervention.

You could mount virtual media using RIBCL scripts and CPQLOCFG. This scripting method can be dismounted using HPLOVM.
Steve Stierwalt
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I was thinking it was something like that. I can't work on that now, but hopefully in the near future.