1753863 Members
7708 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HTML5 console entering incorrect keystrokes

CookeIT
Occasional Visitor

HTML5 console entering incorrect keystrokes

We've recently commenced a large rollout of DL380 G10s, and have largely been using the HTML5 console for OS installation and configuration.

However, we've discovered that whilst the letters and numbers are largely correct, the special characters come out in a largely random fashion.

Not just the US-UK keyboard differences we're familiar with, but entirely erratic differences - @ becomes ┬м, ┬м isn't functional, ; and # are both "

Now, this isn't a showstopper - it's consistent across all the boxes, so we've adapted - but it's extremely annoying, and I was hoping someone might know what the heck is going on?

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If you are seeing this behavior across multiple server, please open a case with HPE support.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
BonnyV
Advisor

Hi,

can you let us know the version of iLO 5 that you are using where you are seeing this issue?

When I checked with our developers, they mentioned that everything worked except the back tick key "`" with the latest version of iLO 5.

Let us know on the version of iLO 5 where you are seeing this issue.

Thanks,
Bonny.
I am a HPE employee

CookeIT
Occasional Visitor

We're on ILO5 1.20.

I've just double-checked, and can confirm that (+=) comes out as (:;), (\|) comes out as (#~), (┬м`) doesn't come out at all but (@') comes out as that, (~#) comes out as (@'), and so on.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

wrong keyboard language?
However, update to the latest version first.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!