Server Management - Remote Server Management
1753787 Members
7383 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to disable IPMI on HP ILOs v2/v3/v4 on HP Proliants and Blades where ESXi hosts are running?

Burito

How to disable IPMI on HP ILOs v2/v3/v4 on HP Proliants and Blades where ESXi hosts are running?

Dear all,

I hope you are doing fine.

Currently I am fighting with disabling IPMI on ESXi hosts at current infrastructure. 

For windows OS I am able to perform disabling IPMI via Hponcfg utility.

But for ESXi hosts I did not find suitable solution to perform bulk disabling on plenty of ESXi hosts.

Due to that there are hundreds of ESXi hosts in our infrastructure so disabling IPMI via ILO administration website server by server is not much feasible as well:-).

Do you anybody know how to perform on many ESXi hosts please?

There is crucial information - as the best practise SSH is disabled at ESXi hosts:-( - this option does not come in play.

I really appreaciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Best

Michal

1 REPLY 1
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: How to disable IPMI on HP ILOs v2/v3/v4 on HP Proliants and Blades where ESXi hosts are running?

Download the HP Lights-Out XML Scripting Sample for Windows

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_639f4ed81caa4fb498a61bbe87

it includes a windows executible and a Perl script that allows you to configure iLO remotely. The mod_global_settings.xml file has the syntax for enable/disable IPMI

<RIBCL VERSION="2.0">
   <LOGIN USER_LOGIN="adminname" PASSWORD="password">
      <RIB_INFO MODE="write">
         <MOD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS>
             <!--      iLO 4 - 1.20 or later.                       -->
              <!--      iLO 3 - 1.55 or later.                       -->
              <!--      iLO 2 - None.                                -->
            <IPMI_DCMI_OVER_LAN_ENABLED value="n"/>
         </MOD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS>
      </RIB_INFO>
   </LOGIN>
</RIBCL>

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!