Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to power off a single blade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Beau Barendt
Occasional Visitor

How to power off a single blade

Does anyone know how I can power off a single blade when the Management Processor is unreachable? I have a c-class (C7000)chassis, and 4 of my blades cannot be managed. I read that I need to disconnect power to the blade (which means pulling it from the chassis) in order to reset it. Does anybody know of a way that I can do this without having to physically remove the system from the chassis?
4 REPLIES
JKytsi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to power off a single blade

Hi,

type reset server [bay number]
answer yes
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Beau Barendt
Occasional Visitor

Small problem, when I run the command, and it asks me to confirm, I type yes and it says "Operation terminated by user". Any ideal what this means before I go looking?
Beau Barendt
Occasional Visitor

Never mind, I was just typing Y, I typed YES and it worked great. Thank you for the help and some insight into managing these things...as you can probably guess, I am new to the Blade systems and I didn't set these up, I just started managing them.

Thanks again
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

No problem ...
And here is a good place to start with your blades.

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/316735-0-0-0-121.html
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi