1753818 Members
9348 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

I was prompted to enter iLO credentials after pressing F8 at console

Terence Ng
Advisor

I was prompted to enter iLO credentials after pressing F8 at console

I have a DL380 G3 server which is using old iLO version 1.20 (04-Dec-2002), my colleauge has lost the iLO credentials of this server.

Like other iLO2, I booted up the server and pressed F8 at server console to enter iLO to attempt to reset the password of iLO Administrator account, whereas, I was prompted to enter the iLO credentials and there was no way to skip this authentication screen.

As a result, the password of iLO Administrator account can't be reset since I can't gain access.

Any idea to bypass or skip this iLO authentication dialog or any workaround?

Does upgrade iLO v1.2 to the latest version help in this case? If yes, where can I download the latest iLO version and the procedure to upgrade using floppy or CD-ROM, pls note that the server has no OS installed at this moment.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Re: I was prompted to enter iLO credentials after pressing F8 at console

Terence, if you open the server lid and look at the labels underneath or look in the technical guide for the server you will find a DIP switch called iLO Override or something similar.
Set that down and restart (Might need to pull power) the server and you can use anything as the ilO Administrator password to log in.
Create a new Administrator level user or change the password for Administrator. Then uset the DIP switch and restart.
Terence Ng
Advisor

I have done this for other server before if I still have the old record of the password (e.g. default password of iLO of the server). However, my colleague has lost the iLO default password.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

You dont need the default password.

You login with anything or nothing as the password and change the Administrator password to anything you want.

The reason for ilO Override feature is to recover from the position you find yourself in.

If you cant reboot the server then you can use the command line tools
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1053974