1752822 Members
4354 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO 2 Remote Console

DerCo75
Advisor

ILO 2 Remote Console

I can connect to the ILO2 of one of our Proliant DL380 G5 severs but the Remote Console interface is not working.The screen will show up OK but it does not respond to the mouse or keyboard.

I have already upgraded to the latest version of Firmware and reset and reconfigured the ILO but the problem remains

Anyone have any ideas?
16 REPLIES 16
SMR
Valued Contributor

Hi,

What browser/version are you using?

Are you using the integrated remote console(for IE)? or the java based remote console?

I assume you can't control the mouse or keyboard once you're at the OS login screen... maybe try using the keyboard during POST/RBSU and see if it works there?

Good luck!
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Hi. Do you have the Proliant Support Pack Installed?

Particulary the HP ProLiant Integrated Lights-Out Management Interface Driver and HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver if using windows.
DerCo75
Advisor

Thanks for the replies

@ SMH

What browser/version are you using?

Internet Explorer 6 but I have also tried on a PC running IE8 but have the same problem

Are you using the integrated remote console(for IE)? or the java based remote console?

I have used both

@ Cederberg

Support Pack 8.60 and Firmware 9.20 are installed
SMR
Valued Contributor

DerCo75,

Have you tried to control the server during POST?

I've seen this happen when people change/disable USB settings on RBSU/BIOS Setup. I'm not saying you did but is worth a shot to reset settings to factory defaults.

Cheers,
DerCo75
Advisor

I can work on the server during POST. I went into RBSU and all USB settings were enabled
SMR
Valued Contributor

OK, maybe try resetting RBSU to defaults.
DerCo75
Advisor

I don't think that is an option because the server is in one of our satellite offices and if I reset the ILO settings the IP Address will change and I will lose connection and leave the server in limbo
DerCo75
Advisor

I tried reverting to factory settings through the ILO Online Configuration Utility but I still have the problem. Does it have to be done through RBSU?
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Does KB/Mouse work during POST? If so, then this is an OS driver issue.

iLO2 uses UHCI for virtual KB/Mouse. What OS are you running?

If you are running Windows then, open Device Manager, go to "View" menu and select "Devices by connection". Begin expanding until you find under one of the PCI buses a USB Root hub that has a USB Composite Device. (see attached pic)