1753936 Members
9249 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO 2 Remote Console

SMR
Valued Contributor

I meant the BIOS settings back to defaults. Although it really seems like an OS driver issue.
DerCo75
Advisor

My server is running Windows 2003

None of the USB Root Hubs have a USB Composite device attached. It is the same for some of my other servers that don't have the problem.

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

If you mount a virtual media ISO image, do you see a new USB device poping up under any of the USB Root Hubs?

Just tried that. No difference however..
DerCo75
Advisor

Problem solved....... sort of

It appeared that the problem with the ILO remote console was a symptom of a problem with the operating system in general as we developed a number of other problems with this server. We eventually cut our losses and re-built the server
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Derco,

agree!.. it might be OS issue.

However, remote console requires java runtime environment and plugins...

this issue generally observed when High performance mouse option is enable... disable high performance mouse (just a check box on remote console screen)

iLO 2 Firmware version 2.05 has lot fixes with reference to your issue.

if you have everything in place then best way to troubleshoot to check with another system to isolate..

Also Graphical remote console is licensed option

thanks
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

DerCo75
Advisor

Aftab,

Many thanks for your reply.

I had already tried disabling high performance mouse earlier (infact it was one of the first things I tried) but it made no difference.

The problem was definitely related to the USB drivers on the OS as when we brought the server back to the data centre, we plugged a USB keyboard directly into the server and it still would not work. It wouldn't even start in safe mode.