1752580 Members
2928 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO 2

DL360 G5 Hangs
Occasional Contributor

ILO 2

I have disabled ILO 2 in my Prolian DL 380 G5 server by using the F8 key during start up, now I am not able to enable it back using the same F8 key, please advise how can I turn on ILO 2 back again.

Thanks,
Adnan
6 REPLIES 6
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: ILO 2

hi

You can do it overwriting the ilo security using the system maintenance switch, dip number 1 - see the attached file

there are to workarounds to enable the iLO processor if it has been disabled.

---------- 1 ------------

1) power-off the server, unplugged power cable

2) open the chassis and set the iLO security override switch (switch number 1 in the system maintenance switch in ON Position)

3) power on the server, enter iLO RBSU(presssing F8), enable ilo (on settings tab), modify users(whatever you want), save and exit.

4) power off the server, then restore the iLO security override switch to position OFF

5. work again

alternatively:

downloading :

1. download this
HP Lights-Out XML Scripting Sample for Windows  

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_4a0badcbdd5b4c7c8cc5303878
2. HP Lights-Out Configuration Utility

https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/softwaredetails?language=en_US&softwareId=MTX_8ecea286efa34adfb79bcbb697

3) use the the prior tool to apply the script mod_global_settings.xml (3) which contains the line

regards

i hope this can help you

[Moderator edit: Updated the valid links. You may also refer to https://support.hpe.com/]

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,

1) Shutdown Server
2) Locate System maintenance switch on the system board. ( there are 8, S1 to s8)
3) S1 is for iLO. By default its is OFF which implies "iLO 2 security is enabled"
4) Switch it to ON > "iLO 2 security is disabled"
5) restart Server.
6) acknowledge override message.
7) Shut down server.
8) Switch S1 back to default OFF.

Restart server, this time... U should be able to get into iLO using F8.

Regards,
James.
acartes
Honored Contributor

Sujith is correct. The reason the security switch is required to reactivate iLO is to placate administrators who do not want to accidentally re-enable remote access capabilities.
DL360 G5 Hangs
Occasional Contributor

I am not able to locate the switch, can anyone send me the diagram of the main board where exactly the switch is located.

Thanks,
Adnan
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

it's the same location for 12 nd 6 fans server.

number 9.
see the attached file
regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
acartes
Honored Contributor

The location of the iLO security switch depends on the host server type. For this reason, the sticker on the inside of the server hood is used to identify the switch bank and position.

For the ProLiant DL380 G5, this is identified as item (9), the system maintenance switch [bank]. Position (1) is the iLO Security Override Switch.

The switch bank is located on the circuit board between the PCI riser cage and the power supply cage. There is a silk screen identifying it as SW5.