108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO 3 Remote Console No Video issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

You need to open on your firewall TCP port 17990 for iLO3 remote console. 

No Luck, opened port 17990 still can not solve the problem.

mxb144
Occasional Visitor

Something that worked for me:

I had the тАЬno videoтАЭ when ilo (intergrated remote console) onto the blade server via the chassi Onboard Administrator

I click on Web Administration (access the iLO web user interface) , and selected Administration, then User Administration

Selected the Administrator local user account and click Edit, then set up the local password for the blade

http: over to that single blade server

Logged on that blade server using the Administrator local user account

Return to the chassi Onboard Administrator and started the ilo connection to the server, and then it prompted me `Shared` or `Acquired`.

Voila, it works.

I hope this will help others.

KarimK
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I also have the have this issue where the ILO is not displaying Video on a DL580 G7 ILO 3, with latest firmware 1.26 installed..

Did anyone get to the bottom of what was causing this, it would appear to be a Windows Driver as i can see the server booting to Windows at the Kernal Load sequence..

Thanks,

Karim

jbt99

I've had several of 32 machines go "Dead" even though the power was still on.  After waiting too long for an IT ticket, I went into ILO on one of the machines and clicked Reset ILO from the diagnostics page.  Then I cold booted the machine.

It sprang immediately back to life.

I repeated these steps on the other two and they came back to life as well.

I closed the IT ticket.

I'm clueless about what happened, but that worked for me and the machines remain in service.

Dazzle
Occasional Visitor

Thanks jbt99 - ILO reset plus Cold Boot worked for me :)

Atif-Bebal

Both remote console apps use TCP port 17990 to connect to iLO3 (unless you changed it from the default value). Ensure that his TCP port isn't getting blocked by a firewall.

conma293

I too have this problem - "Connected Video_suspended"   ..  EXTREMELY frustrating as it had happened to one of my servers, I dealt with it, now I had to reboot my primary and it too has done this.. It was working 5 minutes ago!!

details

DL385 G6

yes iLo doesnt console for .NET or java

yes i have tried resetting iLo then cold boot

yes i have tried changing the video options in rom (currently back to default optional primary, embedded disabled)

it actually shows the bootup process but dies when I select the current fedora kernel at grub

if i choose an old version of fedora kernel it actually shows graphics

but that old version of fedora is problematic

....help :-(

Hankk177

I just ran into this issue on some DL360 G7s.  Updated to the latest SPP (2014.09) and iLO firmware (1.80) and no change.  I then reset the iLO via the management page as many have suggested - same issue.  I did a cold boot - same issue.  I unplugged the server and let it sit for 5 minutes.  same issue.

what fixed it for me was flipping DIP switch #6 to reset the nVRAM.  after doing that everything came back fine.

just FYI

luismendeze1
Occasional Visitor

This one worked for me. 

When to device manager and right click on the diplay adapter, ( it had ATI driver), select properties >drive tab>Roll back driver>rebooted the box and I had the video not only in the post screen but also in the windows environment.