1752533 Members
5444 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO / AD Integration

Ryan Bess
Advisor

ILO / AD Integration

Has anyone used a Verisign certificate for implamenting LDAP over SSL?

Thanks,
Ryan
3 REPLIES 3
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: ILO / AD Integration

What do you have in mind? Is the directory server certificate signed using Verisign CA? Should not present a problem.
Ryan Bess
Advisor

Basically, im trying to integrate ILO with AD. Reason being, when we setup ILO we give the local ILO username/password as the local sever administrators username and password. Since this is the way we set ILO up, we would have to give the local administrators username/password out to anyone that needed to reboot a server that is hung. We do not want to do that. So my managers would like ILO to be integrated with AD so persons can login to ILO with thier AD credentials.

To do this the Domain Controlers need to have a certificate installed on them to create an SSL connection with ILO. Don't really have to much expierence with SSL and certificates but i do know that we do not want to go the route of creating a route CA. The documentation that HP provides seems to never fully explain anything.

We do own some verisign certificates and was wondering if I could use that instead.

Thanks,
Ryan
acartes
Honored Contributor

I understand. Basically, the question is, "can a Verisign-issued certificate be installed for a DC?"

I believe the answer is yes, but defer to an MSAD expert if I am wrong.

The primary domain controller can also be turned into a certificate authority (CA) which in turn will issue certificates for all of the directory servers.