5300 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO Amplifier 1.90 not sending out any alerts

pirx
Regular Advisor

ILO Amplifier 1.90 not sending out any alerts

Hi,

my struggle with ILO Amplifier continous (see my other post regarding too large inventory).

Now I wanted to test the alert feature and configured the alert settings. Test mail is sent out and received, but neither pulling a power suppy nor pulling a disk triggers an email alert. The dashboard shows the server in warning state and the health details show problems with power supply or disk, but ILO Amplifier just don't think it's time to send out an alert.

I configured email alerts in ILO itself and it's happily sending them. 

So, does anybody use ILO Amplifier in production, is it just me that is having problems with the basic features? I tried it out 1-2 years ago and it wasn't working either back then,  seems to have not received much love and improvment.

And the received test email

Event Name: DeviceTestEvent <<<<>>>> Event Occurred : 2021-05-26T15:10:36Z <<<<>>>> Category : HPE Central Management Device Alert <<<<>>>> Severity : Ok <<<<>>>> Summary : HPE Central Management Device Test Alert <<<<>>>> Description : This is a Central Management Device Test Alert. <<<<>>>> Action : No action required .

5 REPLIES 5
ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @pirx

Good day!

May we know if there are any other Servers apart from Apollo Servers for which iLO Amplifier is configured and if working fine.

If there are any other Server (ML/DL) can you try adding them and share the observations.

Also try updating the iLO Firmware of the Apollo and also the other components such as BIOS, Array Controller firmware and Driver to check if that helps here.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

pirx
Regular Advisor

Currently we have only the Apollo 4210 server as we use a different server vendor for our other use cases. This is a try & buy order. I'm trying the monitoring stuff and it fails.

If HPE sells those servers I'd expect that HPE is able to test ILO Amplifier with their own devices. If this is not done in QA than at least when a customer reports a problem. My conculsion now is, that we can not use ILO Amplifier in production. I also don't see any useful feedback or progress in the HPE case that was created.

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @pirx,

Thanks for the udapte.

This seems to be known issue at the moemnt and there are plans to enhance this in future release.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

bohdan1
Occasional Collector

I have the same issue on 1.95 version.
Now I discovered that ILO interface do not send alert to Amplifier interface, when the critical event occurred. 
And I do not see any information in Managed Servers Log. 
I think that problem is in the source code of ILO firmware or Amplifier.
Please check that you fix the problem.

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @bohdan1 

Please check the pre req and update all the required components.

And share the observations.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo