1747988 Members
4617 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO Passthrough service not starting

ken robson_1
Advisor

ILO Passthrough service not starting

I have one server out of about 60, that the ilo passthrough service cant start on. I have tried re-installing but get error service already exists.
So how do I remove the service and re-install it?

Ken
4 REPLIES 4
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: ILO Passthrough service not starting

I think that if you re-run the passthrough installer, it has a "repair" or "remove" option when the service is already installed.

Also check that you are using the latest HP lights-out driver. I think an updated driver will be released today (circa 7 April).
acartes
Honored Contributor

There is a known bug with W2K3SP1. Details are in this thread, with a workaround. I do not know if this will address your issue:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=860680
acartes
Honored Contributor

Perhaps I should be more precise, "this is a known bug when working on W2K3SP1". I did not mean to imply an OS bug.

Please open a support case with this so the engineering problem resolution team will work it!
acartes
Honored Contributor

The HP iLO Terminal Services Pass Through service is is dependent on Terminal Services to start (no big surprise).

However, the dependency is not explicitly listed for the service (via registry entry), and sometimes it tries to start before Term Svcs and errors out, the error message (1001) actually states Terminal Services is not running.

You could add a registry addition:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\hplopts /v DependOnService /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "TermService"

to address this. You will have to evaluate the decision for your circumstance.

This change will be incorporated in the component installer package in a forthcoming release of the Terminal Services Passthrough component from HP. I'll update this message then.