1753808 Members
7712 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO Powershell CMDlets 2.2.0.0 - SecurityDashboard configure

Michel-CO
Occasional Advisor

ILO Powershell CMDlets 2.2.0.0 - SecurityDashboard configure

We are currently creating a configuration script for ILO.
The new firmware version 1.40 and newer comes with the new Security Dashboard. This shows errors as default.
We want to fix these errors with Powersell script. We use the latest HPE ILO CMDLets 2.2.0.0.
The following errors appear:
-Require Login for iLO RBSU
-Secure boat
-Password Complexity

We change the setting "Require Login for iLO RBSU" with the following powershell command: "$ ILOConnection | Set-HPEiLOAccessSetting -RequiredLoginForiLORBSU Yes"
We can not turn off the "Secure Boot" setting because our servers were installed with the "Legacy" setting and are running. Thus, we can not switch to UEFI including Secure Boot during operation.

The security dashboard must ignore with Powershell command this error:
$ ILOConnection | Enable-HPEiLOSecurityDashboardSetting -IgnoreSecureBoot

We also want to fix the "Password Complexity" error, but I can not find any way to do this through Powershell.
A workaround would be currently only to set an ignore in the security dashboard:
$ ILOConnection | Enable-HPEiLOSecurityDashboardSetting -IgnorePasswordComplexity

How can we configure Password Complexity with Powershell?

Also, we can not use the Powershell command on ILO5 to set the "Set-HPEiLOAccessSetting -ServerFQDN $ SRVFQDN" setting. Why is this only possible with ILO4?

Thanks

Michel

4 REPLIES 4
Harsh_b
HPE Pro

Re: ILO Powershell CMDlets 2.2.0.0 - SecurityDashboard configure

Hello Michel, 

Please refer to below link if helps

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00045034en_us&docLocale=en_US

if not  then I would suggest to log a support ticket for further assistance on scripting issue. This needs to be checked and worked by HPE remote support team.

Regards

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Michel-CO
Occasional Advisor

dgwhite

I have the same issue. Did you ever find a way to enforce complexity with Powershell?

Thx,

Dan

dgwhite

I found the solution shortly after posting. You can modify this setting with the Redfish module:

https://www.gitmemory.com/issue/HewlettPackard/PowerShell-ProLiant-SDK/32/513660904

Install-module HPERedfishCmdlets
$session= Connect-HPERedfish -Address <ip> -Username <user> -Password <pass> -DisableCertificateAuthentication
$hpe = @{}
$hpe.Add('EnforcePasswordComplexity',$True)
$oem = @{}
$oem.Add('Hpe',$hpe)
$pwdComplexity= @{}
$pwdComplexity.Add('Oem',$oem)
$result = Set-HPERedfishData -Odataid '/redfish/v1/AccountService/' -Setting $pwdComplexity -Session $session -DisableCertificateAuthentication