6174 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO Upgrade .. Feeling Stupid

Dany Boucher
Occasional Advisor

ILO Upgrade .. Feeling Stupid

Hi

First of all sorry for my bad english writing its not my first language.

I have buy a used DL380 server and the ILO Firware is 1.51 and i would like to update this version to the lastest.

- I goes to this page :
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=397991&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=397989&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=181

- I download :
Firmware CD Supplemental Update / Online ROM Flash Component for Linux - HP Integrated Lights-Out

- Its giving me a CP009895.cexe file
- In my ilo web interface under administration im trying to upgrade the firmware

I'm getting timeout error and an another error ... i didnt noted the error and im not able to get it again :(

I have try with my MAC and my Windows .. IE, Firefox, Netscape,same problem

I'm feeling very stupid ...

My question is :
- my method is good to make the upgrade ?
- CP009895.cexe its the correct file ?

Thanks a lot for your time and support

Dany Boucher
6 REPLIES 6
Dany Boucher
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Opera giving me this error :

Request Error
HTTP/1.1 412 Request Entity Too Large
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

First You need to make sure if the server has iLO1 or iLO2. If it is DL380G4 or less then it will have iLO1. I assume that you have iLO1.

hence the latest firmware version is 1.93.

You need to download online ROM flash component given in the link above. The file downloaded will be cp009853.exe.

On a Windows machine extract the contents to a folder. The folder should contain ilo193.bin file and some other files.

Now log in to iLO which you want to configure. Go to Administration tab -> then upgrade firmware. Browse and Select the ilo193.bin file. Accept the pop up message. Firmware upgrade should start now.

Hope it helps.
.Oliver.

Hi

is it possible, that SIM (systems insight manager) is not able to install that firmware himself? do i have to upgrade out of the ILO console?
asking because i'm on 1.92, upgraded to 1.93 but after soft-/hardware statusupdate still warning about the available but not installed 1.93.
thanks,
oliver
.Oliver.

update:
it's only sim which has the wrong information. ilo-console is effectively running on 1.93.
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

It will take sometime for the new value to appear in SIM. SIM will run discovery periodically and it will update the info on discovered devices.

You can run manual discovery for the selected device after which new firmware version should appear immediately.
.Oliver.

I setup a scheduled status polling (hardware and software), but no discovery. would that firmware not be updated with that?
isn't discovery meant to find new machines & devices in network?
regards,
oliver