1751736 Members
5900 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO and RILOE (II) remote update

Maik Sillmann
Occasional Contributor

ILO and RILOE (II) remote update

We're having lots of HP/Compaq servers with different versions of iLO and RLLOE (II) which are all to be brought to the latest firmware release.

I want to use the HP Lights Out Migration Utility (HPQLOMIG.exe) to save time and nerves.

With which versions of iLO and RILOE (II) does this tool work together? Is there a need to manually upgrade an older firmware or can I update all servers at one go?

Last question: Is there a loss of configuration settings after firmware update or not?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Maik.

3 REPLIES 3
acartes
Honored Contributor

Yes, you can use HPLOMIG to remotely update firmware on iLO and RILOE II in bulk.

There are some exceptions to some versions of RILOE, but not iLO or RILOE II.

This thread has details, although it is RILOE heavy:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=852215

If you do have a problem, you should use the online firmware update component on the host.

There will loss of configuration settings if you upgrade the firmware. It is not recommended to downgrade firmware.

You will need to download and extract the appropriate firmware image files to use them with the migration utility.
Maik Sillmann
Occasional Contributor

Which configuration settings will be lost? Hostname would be very bad, static IP address also... :-(

Can I bulk backup the existing configuration and restore it after migration to new firmware?

Thanks in advance,

Maik.
acartes
Honored Contributor

There will NOT be a loss of information if you upgrade the firmware.

?? somehow my last post missed the "NOT be"!