1753511 Members
5123 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO console cannot be accessed from firefox

nsuresh
Occasional Collector

ILO console cannot be accessed from firefox

ILO 4 console cannot be accessed from Linux machines,  is anyone succeeds access it from  Linux OS, please don't say an older version of browser works :)  or ask me to install windows. 

Java version 

java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_151"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_151-b12)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)

2 REPLIES 2
Duncan Berriman
Advisor

Not sure if this will help but I had same problem to day with ilo 2 on windows and centos. Would still work on a win xp vm.

My final solution however was to install firefox esr (extended support release) which is version 52 and icedtea (java) on my mint (linux) laptop and that works fine. esr is available on all platforms and can be installed alongside normal firefox.

Hope that helps, if not good luck.

Duncan Berriman
Advisor

For anyone else having issues with ilo(2) make sure ilo is up to date older iol2 release may not work, 2.30 can be found quite easily on the hp website.

If you are using firefox esr on windows 10 ensure you install the 32 bit version even if on a 64 bit machine as 64 bit version does not support java.

Having done the above I can access ilo2 servers on linux mint with firefox esr and icedtea as well as windows 10 with firefox esr 32 bit.

To upgrade my ilo software I used a win xp vmware machine which has old version of IE and Java on which is my tool of last resort in these sort of cases.