Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752509 Members
4960 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO: how doesWindows conenct to ILO?

pmjteheux
Occasional Contributor

ILO: how doesWindows conenct to ILO?

Hi,

I have a problem to connect to the ILO-board of 2 servers using the cpqlocfg.exe commandline utility. I use a standard xml file which i have adjusted to our environment, but keep getting 2 error messages: sio_connect:reason(10061) or (11004).
How does Windows connect to the ILO port?
We have ILO 1.41 and W2K3 as OS on a DL380 G3.

Regards Paul
5 REPLIES 5
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

From a windows client, run 'cpqlocfg -s ilo-ip-address -f myxmlfile.xml -l mylog.log.

If the ilo-ip-address that you are using is correct, iLO may not be responding and you may need to remove power from the server.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The cpqlocfg.exe utility makes a secure HTTP connection over TCP/IP to the remote iLO. Both of those errors are TCP/IP socket errors.
pmjteheux
Occasional Contributor

So, the connection always goes via the ilo-networkcable? If i do not have an ip-address, i cannot use cpqlocfg. Is there another solution, because the server is in a remote area. I have login and password credentials at hand.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

cpqlocfg.exe communicates via secure HTTP from a system over the network wire to the iLO network interface.

hponcfg.exe is run on a host and accesses the iLO present in that host. No credentials are needed to access the iLO other than to be a logged in administrative user on the host.

http://www.hp.com/servers/swdrivers
acartes
Honored Contributor

David's suggestion is right-on. You can use scripts to configure the iLO both locally, using HPONCFG, or remotely over the network, using CPQLOCFG. There are some pointers here:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=990555