Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILO: how doesWindows conenct to ILO?

pmjteheux
Occasional Contributor

ILO: how doesWindows conenct to ILO?

Hi,

I have a problem to connect to the ILO-board of 2 servers using the cpqlocfg.exe commandline utility. I use a standard xml file which i have adjusted to our environment, but keep getting 2 error messages: sio_connect:reason(10061) or (11004).
How does Windows connect to the ILO port?
We have ILO 1.41 and W2K3 as OS on a DL380 G3.

Regards Paul
5 REPLIES
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Re: ILO: how doesWindows conenct to ILO?

From a windows client, run 'cpqlocfg -s ilo-ip-address -f myxmlfile.xml -l mylog.log.

If the ilo-ip-address that you are using is correct, iLO may not be responding and you may need to remove power from the server.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The cpqlocfg.exe utility makes a secure HTTP connection over TCP/IP to the remote iLO. Both of those errors are TCP/IP socket errors.
pmjteheux
Occasional Contributor

So, the connection always goes via the ilo-networkcable? If i do not have an ip-address, i cannot use cpqlocfg. Is there another solution, because the server is in a remote area. I have login and password credentials at hand.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

cpqlocfg.exe communicates via secure HTTP from a system over the network wire to the iLO network interface.

hponcfg.exe is run on a host and accesses the iLO present in that host. No credentials are needed to access the iLO other than to be a logged in administrative user on the host.

http://www.hp.com/servers/swdrivers
acartes
Honored Contributor

David's suggestion is right-on. You can use scripts to configure the iLO both locally, using HPONCFG, or remotely over the network, using CPQLOCFG. There are some pointers here:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=990555