1748136 Members
3605 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO2 Licence key removal

SOLVED
Go to solution

ILO2 Licence key removal

Can I remove a ILO2 Advance Pack License key that was inadvertently installed on the wrong server?
5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: ILO2 Licence key removal

Yes, just reset the iLO2 back to factory defaults and the key gets cleared
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 

Thanks, Jimmy. I should have phrased the question, can I remove it without setting it to default. I have about 40 servers to do and if I could get away with not reloading all the settings....
Sharath K S
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Yes you can remove license without reverting back to factory setting by either doing one of the following:
1:by logging into iLO2 using command line (telnet/secure shell) and execute command "delete /map1 license"
2:Use RIBCL command for licensing and send this to iLO using CPQLOCFG/HPONCFG utilities

Refer iLO2 CLI guide for more info on these

That is exactly what I wanted, many thanks!
V Deepak Kumar
Regular Advisor

More details can be found @
Here is the link to download "HP Integrated Lights-Out Management Processor Scripting and Command Line Resource Guide"

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSeriesId=397989&targetPage=http%3A%2F%2Fbizsupport.austin.hp.com%2Fbc%2Fdocs%2Fsupport%2FSupportManual%2Fc00294268%2Fc00294268.pdf

If the link does not work do this
Goto www.hp.com/servers/lights-out
Under iLO2 Advanced section click "iLO2 Advanced". On your right you must see "Supports & documents", click and then click the "manuals" link which will give links to many other documents and this documen as well.

Thanks
Deepak
Performance is compulsion and not an option if my existence is to be justified.