1752815 Members
5970 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO2 Problem using Java Remote Console

Matthias Link

Hi,

having exactly the same problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

The optional java-less console would work, but trial-period is expired and we're still waiting for the license.

Best regards,
matthias.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I am not having any trouble with this, either with IE6 or IE7. Make sure that in your Internet Advanced Options, under Jave (Sun) that you check "Use JRE 1.5.0_10 for " See if that helps.
Matthias Link

Hi,

I updated iLo2 Firmware from 1.20 to 1.29 and now I can connect to the Java Remote Console with IE 6.0 and Java 1.5.x.

IE7 and JRE 1.6.x still does not work, same with Firefox 2.0.x.

Now I get the "missing advanced license pack" message. My thought was that Java Console was free - but seems like it's not... :-(

So is there any possibility to get a free console at all from HP?

Best regards,
Matthias Link.
Jason Brown
Frequent Advisor

I still have problems using the Java option - using IE7 & Java 1.5.0. ILO2 firmware is also that lastest. The strange thing is that sometimes it will work and other times it won't. This is without any configuration changes on either the server or laptop I am using. Anyway, gave up in the end and purchased the licence pack so I could use the IE version of IRC !!
Rancher
Honored Contributor

The Java pack IS free but you need the iLO license pack to get the full benefits of the iLO console.
acartes
Honored Contributor

In iLO 2, The "free" (no license required) console will be via virtual serial port / remote serial console.
Level 3 Bill
Occasional Advisor

I am having the same issue, a remote console from one system works, then a remote console from another does not. I closed all of by IE sessions when I encountered the error, restarted and then the remote console works. So far its worked every time.
Nu IT
Contributor

FWIW, I found that installing Sun Java Runtime Environment v6 Update 6 (jre-6u6-windows-i586-p-s.exe) caused the DL380 G4 iLo (firmware v1.91) to display the red X when launching the Virtual Devices window.

Sun Java Runtime Environment v5.0 Update 6 (jre-1_5_0_06-windows-i586-p.exe) was still on my WS2k3 32-bit server, so I uninstalled Java 6 and now the iLo Virtual Devices operates properly.

HTH!