1753775 Members
7359 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO3 unresponsive

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

OK, iLO3 1.20 does fix an issue where the webserver and SSH could become unresponsive when McAfee FoundStone scans iLO3.

You can download iLO3 1.20 from the below FTP links:

Windows Online Flash Component
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p901462262/v64721/

Windows Online Flash Component x64
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p1728391553/v64720/

Linux Online Flash Component
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-linux-fw-ilo/p1255562964/v64722/

We have udated ILO firmware to 1.20 and PSP 8.70 and countinue with the same issue.

I have escalated to level2 support but don't expect too much from HP.
Andre Radtke

I updated the Management Driver for ILO3 to 3.3.0.0 in combination with FW 1.20. These update made ILO3 working properly for now 5 days.

I think thats it!
Suat Pinarli

Give it another week or two. I updated 4/16 and the errors are back on 5/4. Sooner I'll bet if its a very busy server.
Jens Ey
Frequent Advisor

I had this issue on two servers. After updating zu 1.20 and 3.3.0.0 it still occures on one of these.
HP 2nd level told me that this is an issue in HP SIM and that the next update will fix this (at that moment 6.2 was current). After updating to SIM 6.3 I still get these errors. Time to reopen the case.

Jens
Suat Pinarli

Looks like we may have resolution to this issue and others. We have updated firmware ILO to 1.20, BIOS to 2011.01.28. Installed PSP 8.70 which includes the ILO 3.3.0.0 driver. In addition, power setting in the BIOS have been changed to

Power Profile: Maximum Performance
Power regulator: Static High Performance Mode
Advanced Power: Maximum Processor Idle Power State: No C-states.

If you have been dropping DIMMS, Processors or mainboards the power state should resolve this as well. We are not sure that firmware and driver has had an impact on this but we are reasonably certain the power settings have. We have been running with this config for about a week with our heavily used SQL boxes (96GB RAM) and haven't heard a peep yet. Normally these boxes would pop within a day or two of resetting the ILO with the above firmware and driver.