1748016 Members
4513 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO3 unresponsive

Nicolai Rasmussen
Regular Advisor

ILO3 unresponsive

Running ilo3 fw version 1.05 and 1.10 we quite often see that the ilo interfaces of our new DL380 G7's becomes unresponsive. Resetting it from the SMH can get it back online, but it's not really a viable solution to have to reset the ilo interfaces once a week...

Anyone else seeing this behaviour from iLO3?
25 REPLIES 25
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Re: ILO3 unresponsive

I have seen this when you try to use the hponcfg_gui.exe application. It locks up the application and the iLO itself when you try to run it to configure an iLO through Windows.
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

I've seen ours lock up as well. Unfortunately if someone forgets to config them before putting the server in production, we need to be able to set it from windows. We can't reboot servers willy-nilly.
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Are you guys using HPONCFG?

We are working on a new iLO3 release that will fix the iLO3 hang issue after using HPONCFG

Yes hponcfg, running in windows 2008 and R2 server. I've locked up all three servers running Ilo3s. DL380 G7s. I believe the default firmware was 1.05.
I had to manually go to the server, reboot it, go into the ilo bios and do a reset to get the management processor back online. In one instance, we couldn't even do that. We had to pull the power for a few minutes to even get into the ilo3 bios.

I've updated the servers to Ilo firmware 1.10 but have not had to go back into the hponcfg utility anymore and i'm not going to risk it.
Ismael.L

Hi,

I have the same problem with iLO3 firmware 1.10 on a DL360G7.
After using hponcfg.exe the iLO is in a hang state. I can ping it but that's all.
Also when I'm opening a connection on the Remote Console port, the webpage (or telnet) displays:
P

It's very annoying !
William Bukowski

We are seeing it in our dl380 G7's as well. We actually need it fixed so ESXi can communicate with the host servers to manage the power correctly. Same exact problem. Opened ticket and their answer was to install new firmware. 3 servers @ 1.05 upgraded to 1.10 on only one. Problem did not go away. Uptime is anywhere from 1 hour to 3 days.
Nicolai Rasmussen
Regular Advisor

I'm glad that I'm not the only one seeing this issue. If I remember correctly, HP had the exact same problem when ILO2 was launched....Wonderful!
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

This issue has been fixed in iLO3 version 1.15

This version is going to be release within the next two weeks.