Server Management - Remote Server Management
1753916 Members
8162 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ILOAmplifier 1.90: Unable to obtain configuration metadata for server....

pirx
Valued Contributor

ILOAmplifier 1.90: Unable to obtain configuration metadata for server....

Hi,

I've installed ILO Amplifier VMware appliance 1.90 and added 2 Aplollo 4510 ILO's. I wanted to create a configuration baseline but it always fails if I try to import it from an existing server.

Exception: Unable to obtain configuration metadata for server. Server discovery or inventory is not complete. Retry the operation after server inventory is complete.

If I check the server details in ILO-A I se this warning: Server inventory too large. Please visit the iLO page for the complete inventory.

What can I do no? The server has a lot of disks, but I'd expext ILO-A to be able to handle this.

10 REPLIES 10
Anu_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

You can access the iLO Amplifier pack user guide at https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00100271en_us and refer to iLO Amplifier Pack troubleshooting section starting from pg 159 for troubleshooting this issue.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

pirx
Valued Contributor

First entry looks similar to my problem. I guess ILO Amplifier is more of early alpha version than ready for production...

iLO Amplifier Pack troubleshooting

Discovery of servers fail for external multiple storage enclosures that have too many hard drives

SymptomUnable to view the server information on the Assests page.

CauseAction

1. Perform a managed system configuration factory reset.

2. Add servers with restricted number of hard drives.

techin
Super Advisor

@pirx 

Were you able to fix the issue?

pirx
Valued Contributor

No, a few days ago I received a private message that a case was created for the issue but nobody got in contact with me and I can't access the case number.

pirx
Valued Contributor

I downloaded the logs and found the following:

Wed May 26 00:48:02 2021 FYI(I) nodemgrd: nodeServices.cpp (7487): Server inventory too large for node: xxxxx

bauhaus
Frequent Visitor

we'are having the same issue. We have Apollo 4510 servers and the status message shows 'Server inventory too large. Please visit the iLO page for the complete inventory'  

Also it takes very long time to load dashboards, especially the server groups.

I have tried performing a managed system configuration factory reset and adding the servers back in but that didn't work. 

pirx
Valued Contributor

I got feedback from HPE that I should try to remove a array controller. This is just a bad joke.,

pirx
Valued Contributor

Next try with an Apollo 4510 with only 30 disks. And next error - I give up.

2021-09-04 10_17_36.jpg

Akkarin84
Visitor

Oh ... i received the error as well with 4 HBA and 8 JBODS - 848 Disks ... seems i dont need to be optimistic