1752595 Members
2985 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IPv6 Support on iLO

Leecs

IPv6 Support on iLO

Hi,

I wish to know if iLO 3 support IPv6 natively.

I've tried to read and search around, but the result turn out blank as non of the document specifically mention IPv6 support for iLO3.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Leecs,

One of the HP guide suggests to disable IPV6 while configuring active directory integration with ILO. SO I guess it is not supported. however, searching for doc to validate the same.

thanks,
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

mvpel
Trusted Contributor

I'm running ILO3 v1.28, and there's still no sign of IPv6 support.

http://pockettcd.com/index.php/ipv6-portal/ipv6-resources/131-dod-mandate

The DoD and US Government have mandated, through Federal Acquisition Requirements (FAR) that all new products purchased must be IPv6 Capable.

IPv6 Capable Products are defined as products that can create or receive, process, and send or forward IPv6 packets in mixed IPv4/IPv6 environments. IPv6 Capable Products shall be able to inter-operate with other IPv6 Capable Products on networks supporting only IPv4, only IPv6, or both IPv4 and IPv6, and shall also: ...etc...

I wonder if this is why the military customers I deal with are switching to Dell. iDRAC 6 and 7 both have IPv6 support.

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

The next iLO3 release version 1.50 will support IPv6. ETA next month. Stay tuned.