3319 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Integrated Lights-out 3 interface status not responding

sajad mohammed
Occasional Contributor

Integrated Lights-out 3 interface status not responding

Hi,

Have noticed that some of our DL360 G7's report in Systems Management that the Integrated Lights-out 3 interface status is not responding.

iLO works fine though. iLO firmware version is 1.05. Have stopped/restarted all the HP related services and this temporarily clears the message.

Has anyone come across this before ?
37 REPLIES 37
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Re: Integrated Lights-out 3 interface status not responding

This is a known issue. You need to upgrade iLO3 to version 1.15.

Thanks for your reply. Are there any known bugs/issues with using that firmware version.
Scott Bonci

I'm having the same issue. HP has replaced the motherboard and ilo firmware is at 1.15. It only appears at boot but not always.
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

If this is the random iLO3 unavailable issue during POST but, iLO3 is alive and good then, this issue is fixed in the next iLO3 firmware release 1.16. This release should hit the web early January.

How do you reset the ILO when it is unresponsive? My new DL980 G7 shipped with ILO 1.10, Smart Update Manager didn't tell me about 1.15 :-(

I now have the 1.15 flash program, but can't flash since the ILO is unresponsive. hponcfg can't reset it. I don't see how to reset it in SMH either. How do you reset ILO when it is unresponsive?
David Trounce
Advisor

We pulled the power on the server, and ILO 1.10 was responsive after restoring power. We then upgraded firmware to 1.15, which fixed the hponcfg responsiveness issue.

But there is a bug in 1.15, which then prevents the server from booting again. See http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1293668988596+28353475&threadId=1456726

So we downgraded to 1.10, and the server boots again.

But we still only have 4 out of 8 sockets working, per the ILO issue reported at http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=4154735&prodTypeId=18964&objectID=c02624820

Pulling power does not fix this, contrary to the recommended workaround. ILO 1.10 and 1.15 don't fix it. So we have a DL980 that works like a DL580 G7 right now. HP first level support has not been trained on DL980, so everything goes to 2nd level support. But no call-back in 4 days. This is despite paying for 6-hour CTR support.

Not great experience so far.
David Trounce
Advisor

According to HP, ILO3 firmware 1.15 is not supported on DL980 G7. Only 1.10 for now. That's because it won't boot with 1.15.

http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en&docId=emr_na-c02655638

But the workaround for the processor issue on DL980 G7 requires ILO firmware 1.15.

http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en&docId=emr_na-c02641201

Catch-22?
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

If you can, please try the latest 1.16 Beta.

FTP System: ftp.usa.hp.com (15.192.32.78)
Login: tempilo3
Password: G1vmeilo (NOTE: CASE-sensitive)
Last Modified: 10/28/2010 1:22:49 PM
Expire Notice: scheduled for 11/3/2010 12:00:00 AM
Valid Until: 11/4/2010 1:22:49 PM (7 days)
Access Type: read-only

FTP Access: ftp://tempilo3:G1vmeilo@ftp.usa.hp.com/
or: ftp://tempilo3:G1vmeilo@15.192.32.78/

I tried the ILO 1.16 beta 7 from the download link. But I get the same results as with 1.15
* Boot sequence still shows processors 5-8 deconfigured
* Boot sequence freezes after displaying inlet temperature

I've verified the eight XNC cables are correctly placed. I've had to go back to ILO 1.10 to allow me to boot with the four sockets active.

Still no response from HP level 2 support. This is a week after reporting the problem.