Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748027 Members
4777 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Is there a way to get ADU logs from a remote location?

duckiu
Advisor

Is there a way to get ADU logs from a remote location?

There are nearly 1,000 HPE DL/SY servers in the server room. Is there a way to remotely collect ADU logs on servers running windows and redhat systems? I refer to this document: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=sf000076188en_us 

However, this tool cannot get ADU remote.Is there any other way?

Thank you for the answer.

5 REPLIES 5
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Is there a way to get ADU logs from a remote location?

Hello,

Please refer to section "Launching HPE SSA on a local server to configure a remote server" on page 15 of the HPE Smart Storage Administrator User Guide for further information.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

duckiu
Advisor

Hi TVVJ,

Thank you for your reply! Most of the servers we have are Gen10 servers and running linux, so we can't support homepage software.

Is there another way?

DOC:

Launching HPE SSA on a local server to configure a remote server1. On the local server (host), click Start, and then select Programs>Windows System> Smart Storage Administrator>Smart Storage Administrator Preferences. The Smart Storage Administrator Preferences screen appears.oOptional: Under System Management Homepage Integration, click Enable, or leave Disabled (default). oOptional: Under Preferred Language, select a language or leave as System Default. oClick Exit.

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

The steps mentioned in the below document, is for generating ADU Report on VMware ESXi Servers from a remote system.

https://internal.support.hpe.com/hpesc/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=sf000076188en_us 

If you are able to putty into the linux machines and if ssacli is already installed, then you should be able to navigate to cd /opt/smartstorageadmin/ssacli/bin

Then run the below commands.

#ssacli (To run the application)
# ctrl all diag file=/tmp/ADUReport.zip (To generate the ADUreport.zip file and the report should be saved under tmp) -- this file you should be able to transfer using programs like WINSCP.  

Since the servers are Gen10, for windows you can use the Smart Storage Administrator utility to generate the report. 

Other option to get the ADU logs is offline method using Intelligent Provisioning or Service Pack for ProLiant however that requires downtime.  

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
duckiu
Advisor

Hi BPSingh,

I agree with you. hpssaduesxi.exe can really get ADU of vmware remotely. But there is a hpssaducli.exe in the software path, isn't this tool used to get ADU of linux and windows ? Or am I wrong in understanding that hpssaducli.exe is the original file of hpssaduesxi.exe? After all, the size of these two tools is much different.

Are the engineers who developed this software still around and can you verify the use of the two tools, thank you very much!

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

hpssaducli.exe is used to pull ADU logs from a VMware machine. The commands are run from a remote windows host. hpssaduesxi.exe is part of hpssaducli.exe. This method is specifically for Esxi hosts.

Having said that, hpssaducli can be used on windows or Linux machine to generate ADU report however locally as mentioned in the below web-link. 

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/shared/troubleshoot/233197.htm 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo