108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Lost Admin Access on RILO2

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Vitiello
Advisor

Lost Admin Access on RILO2

I just noticed that the only account on my Rilo3 (Administrator) no longer has administrator access. It is in a DL380G3 (ILO DISABLED). When I go to the F8 prompt i get an error telling me to use the Web Browser to edit the account. Any ideas without me having to visit the server in person?
4 REPLIES 4
John Vitiello
Advisor

Re: Lost Admin Access on RILO2

I have a Rilo 2. Sorry about the typo :-)
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor
Solution

unfortunately RILOE-II does not allow you to start F8 config from within remote console. I can't remember why it was set up like this but I'm sure there was a good reason behind it. The trick is, do you have someone local to the server that can hit F8 for you? Once the F8 prompt has been initialized, you can start remote console and repair your user login.
John Vitiello
Advisor

Thanks for the heads up. I went to the server locally and the F8 worked at that point. It was a good use of a trip -knowing that it was a console issue and not a jumper reset.

-John
Richard Coons

John Vitiello :

What would casue the account (Administrator) to just disapeare? I have sevral RILOE I & II that the account is just gone once you add it back some stay and some will act like they are there until you connect to the RIOLe again. Firmware are typacialy at 2.52 some we have brought up to 5.3 I think I will need to double check this.