Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752815 Members
6065 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Management processor is showing None in HP System Homepage of Prolient DL385 G1 server

Jaymala

Management processor is showing None in HP System Homepage of Prolient DL385 G1 server

I am trying to install the iLO first time on DL385 G1 server. I am using hponcfg utility but I am getting the error while setting up the iLO to its defaults.

ERROR: Unable to establish communication with iLO/RILOE-II.
Management processor is busy
An error was encountered setting iLO to its defaults. Terminating ...

Also, when trying to locate the management processor on HP system Homepage, it is showing "None"

Can anybody help me in this?
4 REPLIES 4
Rajeshwari, Hiresave
Trusted Contributor

Re: Management processor is showing None in HP System Homepage of Prolient DL385 G1 server

Hi Jaymala,

Hponcfg is not able to communicate with iLO, either becuase of an issue with the driver or because iLO firmware might be in some state where it is not responding properly.

* Try restarting HP iLO channel interface driver.
* Try reseting/rebooting the iLO. If the iLO is on network, you can do that by just pressing Apply button under Network Settings menu.
* If that does not work, please check if you see the F8 prompt during POST (if you can afford reboot the server). You can go there and reboot iLO by applying the network settings.
* If you do not get F8 prompt of iLO and it displays some message like iLO is not responding, then you can try offline iLO firmware flash.
Jaymala

Re: Management processor is showing None in HP System Homepage of Prolient DL385 G1 server

Hi Rajeshwari,

Thanks for the reply.
I have already tried with disabling and re-enabling the iLO drivers but it did not work for me. I can able to upgrade the iLO firmware successfully. F/W version is 1.92. But when I am trying to reset the iLO to defaults or company standards I am getting an error "management processor is busy".
Rajeshwari, Hiresave
Trusted Contributor

* Were you able to access iLO successfully before you gave the reset to factory defaults command.
* Are you now able to see the F8 prompt of iLO when you reboot the server ?
* Did you try other RIBCL commands with Hponcfg ?

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I also see inconsistencies (none, wrong IP address in the SMH) in a VMware vSphere 4.0 environment with the V8.25 agents and BL460cG1 / iLO2 1.79 firmware.

There are other threads about iLO problems that have been going on for **MONTH**.